All schools have areas of growth. CPE1 is no different. However, by international as well as by the city's own measures, CPE1 was doing stellar work. It is very strange that school officials are attacking our school community so ruthlessly when you consider our model & metrics.
City officials gave a glowing review of CPE1
In 2013-2014 the DOE evaluated our school (in the School Quality Guide). Here is what else they said about CPE1:
- The school designs its curricula to be engaging and rigorous incorporating State standards and City-expectations, addressing individual interests, strengths, and needs of the various learners in the school.
- The school effectively uses a range of assessment data that guides student grouping decisions and informs planning, resulting in a clear understanding of the performance of learners.
Areas of Celebration
- Positive learning environment, inclusive culture, and student success
- Rigorous, engaging and coherent curricula aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards
- Research-based, effective instruction that yields high quality student work
- Curricula-aligned assessment practices that inform instruction
Areas of Focus
- Regular evaluation school level decisions that support the expectations of the Common Core Learning Standards
- Support and evaluation of teachers through feedback using the Danielson framework and analysis of learning outcomes\
Data: CPE1 Students Embody Equity and Excellence
Today, CPE1 continues to maintain a uniquely diverse student body. Check out the city's own data below.